I've noticed lately that taking retro looking photos is trending higher and higher. And I like it! I love looking at the pictures. Oohing and ahhing over how cute the couple in the photo is, the different techniques that were used, the locations shot at... I even find myself driving by placing and taking a mental note for someday. . .
Another one of my ADORABLE (and younger) friends is engaged. Sigh. I just finished looking at her adorable photos. I am feeling sorry for myself. It probably doesn't help that it is after midnight and I just finished watching X-Men Origins (thank you Roo) which of course doesn't end happy. Super Hero flicks NEVER end happy. I mean can't Clark and Lois finally just hook-up without any repercussions? Why does Wolverine have to get shot in the head right after he forgives Kayla?? She dies anyway, but still!! Perhaps that is why I LOVED "500 Days Of Summer" so much. The narrator tells the viewer right from the get go that it is not a love story, and as much as it is, it really isn't! It is a freakin' depiction of real life! Ya it sucks- half the time you date someone and "fall in love" with them and it doesn't work out! Then the other half of the dates you go on never get past the first one. If you are lucky like Momma Goose however, you kiss the first toad that hops along and he turns into your prince.I guess this is why I envy the girls in the cute photos. I don't just want to take cute pictures of me and my boo (ha ha ha) holding hands while walking down a dirt road into the sunset- I want what I can see in the eyes of those in the pictures. I don't know why I am longing for it now- as if my life isn't busy enough! I just do. Dating sucks, not dating sucks! Will someone please just take me on a date?
Okay, bedtime! I will wake up tomorrow resolved to go on single if I must. Sigh. Or I suppose I could hold out for all the hormonally-charged 17 year old's that don't seem at all scared to tell me how beautiful I look. Ga-ROSS!
Peace out y'all!



4 comments:
I have always said that you should smack those 17 year old life guards in the head when they flirt with you! Boys! You , my dear are sweet, kind, beautiful and lovely and the right Toad will come along. He just doesn't know which way to hop yet!
Oh, B! I don't really need to say much more (because we have talked about this often enough) than the fact that I know EXACTLY how you feel. Most of my friends are now not only married but also have full-blown families and it is hard to watch them have something that I want to have to, and the older I get the more terrified I become that I might never have it. But, I do have faith that all things work together for our good and I try to look at it as the fact that we just get to have a different experience than our friends. Plus, look at how awesome we are!! I love you!
Well I think you are absolutely darling and so is Sarah! Someday you two girls are going to get the most wonderful toads out there! Just remember anything worth having is worth waiting for.
I'm glad you started blogging again. It will be fun to check in on you. I didn't realize Sarah had a blog too I am excited to read hers also.
Love ya tons!
JoLynn
I LOVE LOVE LOVE retro photos. They make me happy inside!
Post a Comment