As we had a short week (and most of mine truly sucked)
I sit at my typing machine a lame duck.
I don't know what to write about-
I don't know what to say-
Perhaps I would if I'd been in class on Wednesday.
I don't get the paper unless at U.V.U,
hence missing class equals missing the news.
My life is so hectic! It's go-go-go!
I rarely make time to watch T.V. shows!
If I'm lucky my ear will catch blips here and there- But they're usually 'bout how so n' so did their hair.
And so here I sit, a failure you see, As I've not much to type about class this week.
HOWEVER. . .
I did catch a story about a Chimpanzee-
It went berserk on his owner and is now buried, 6Ft. deep.
The news broke fast and is apparently so big that a political cartoonist got in on the jig.
His artwork depicts the chimp lying dead,
and two police officers with this o'er their heads:
"They'll have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill."
Of course the toon was not received well-
But I find it a clever commentary, on a badly written bill.
I've attached the picture for you to see,
and then perhaps decide- is it racist, could it be?
This story has been touched on by almost everyone who's known-
and now I invite you to bring it in your home.
R.I.P Travis- He was a good chimpanzee.
Al Sharpton Reacts Click Here:
I sit at my typing machine a lame duck.
I don't know what to write about-
I don't know what to say-
Perhaps I would if I'd been in class on Wednesday.
I don't get the paper unless at U.V.U,
hence missing class equals missing the news.
My life is so hectic! It's go-go-go!
I rarely make time to watch T.V. shows!
If I'm lucky my ear will catch blips here and there- But they're usually 'bout how so n' so did their hair.
And so here I sit, a failure you see, As I've not much to type about class this week.
HOWEVER. . .
I did catch a story about a Chimpanzee-
It went berserk on his owner and is now buried, 6Ft. deep.
The news broke fast and is apparently so big that a political cartoonist got in on the jig.
His artwork depicts the chimp lying dead,
and two police officers with this o'er their heads:
"They'll have to find someone else to write the next stimulus bill."
Of course the toon was not received well-
But I find it a clever commentary, on a badly written bill.
I've attached the picture for you to see,
and then perhaps decide- is it racist, could it be?
This story has been touched on by almost everyone who's known-
and now I invite you to bring it in your home.
R.I.P Travis- He was a good chimpanzee.
Al Sharpton Reacts Click Here: AP Article Click Here:


1 comment:
On Tuesday I was listening to Opie & Anthony which brodcasts out of NYC...When the news broke about the chimp mauling I had to record what they were saying...If you want I could bring in my XM player and you can hear it...
On top of that, the boneheads at the NY Post that actually printed this cartoon are retarded & in my belief should be canned...
It's been long understood that african americans/blacks are stereotype as chimps/monkeys
It goes back to a Howard Cossell saying on Monday Night Football, when talking about O.J. Simpson running 30 yards...Howard says, "Look at that Monkey Go!"
Post a Comment