Tuesday, October 27, 2009

You a pirate- what you got that eye patch on for?


Last Friday was my fabulous best friend Sarah's birthday.  She's the hottie in the middle.  Anyway, She and Kinz and I thought it would be fun to hit up Pirate Island Pizza- costumed, of course!  There is no dress up requirement, but we are just cool like that.  Sarah and I hit up Partyland for eye patches and tattoos, then we chilled with some Diet Coke (what else!?) and put finishing touches on our costumes.


We are so clever!  Instead of using the sticky glue to make the sparkles stick
we used metallic silver and pink nail polish. 
 
Voila!


Birthday Girl ATTACK!


It was a jolly good time.  Pirate Island has GREAT pizza.  I should of taken a picture of the one we ordered- The Kraken.  Straight from the menu:  "Fer the bravest of sea dogs! We be talkin ‘bout 24 inches of swag filled bliss! Takes a mighty crew to finish ‘er off! (Best allow extra cookin’ time whilst we summon this beast from th’ depths."  It was insanely delicious, and you better believe we nearly finished THEM (because we got two!) off! 

So not only is the menu in Pirate speak, but the staff is in character the entire time (although our server broke character a few times, taken aback I am sure by our buxom wench-ness), and the entire restaurant is decorated with cool stuff like this guy hanging from the ceiling...


And this guy right inside the entrance to greet brave sea-goers...

 My friend Christian, who I think will be turning 6 this year, is going to have his birthday here in November.  I will get more pictures then!  If you get a chance visit a Pirate Island!  Right now they are up and down the Wasatch Front, but one is coming to Flagstaff, Ariz. soon!  Dress up too!  It makes it an even more involved experience!

G'Day Mateys!

4 comments:

Marianne said...

I am so glad you all had fun! You deserve it after both of you have worked so hard a Cornbelly's making everyone else's Halloween fun!

I love Sarah G.! You two be mighty fine looking wenches!

Anonymous said...

JEALOUS. You didn't tell me you dressed up! I wanna go. :( :( :(

I'd make a good wench...haha!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Looks so fun! I love that you guys dressed up! I would really like to go to to this place. I have never even heard of this place. However, maybe when they get one in Flagstaff I'll be taking a little road trip!

Love Ya,
JoLynn

r4 said...

Looks a lot of fun. I liked the way ya guys dressed up and the enthusiasm for the occasion is too good. Just like pirates mate. yaaa....