Sunday, October 11, 2009

It's OCTOBER...therefore I blahhhhhh-g!!

Yay!  Yay!  YAY!
Time for tricks and time for treats- time for eating too many sweets.  Time to dress up in disguise and see the fright in people's eyes.  Time to let imagination grow and let the magic take its toll.  Its time!  Its time for Halloween!  Let's all watch Brittany giggle and scream!

Here are a few of my favorite things about 
Halloween/autumn time:


1.  Visiting Robert's with my mom to see all the new Halloween decor!

2.  The idea of "magic" in the air.
3.  Being a kid... as if I'm not always.
4.  Crisp air.
5.  The little marshmallows in hot cocoa.
6.  Caramel Apple Cider from Starbucks.

7.  Raking leaves then jumping in them!
8.  Indian Summers.
9.  "It's Halloween!" By Jack Prelutsky
10.  Boo Berry and Count Chocula cereals.
11.  Carving pumpkins!
12.  Baking pumpkin seeds then eating them.

13.  Answering the door during Trick Or Treat.
14.  Scary movies
15.  Martha Stewart's "Living" Halloween Issue.   
16.  Cuddling up in cozy sweats, a blanket, & my "Pink" mukluks
...a man would be nice here too

17.  Seeing the first sign of snowboard season 
on the tippy-top of Timp.
18.  Seasonal Hershey's Kisses.
19.  Pumpkin Candy Corns!
20.  My blue zebra stripe boots.


4 comments:

Marianne said...

I love your new background! You did it! This post is so you! I love every year when you make a new play list for the front door on Halloween night. We get comments like "Cool! Lord of the Rings Ork music!" "Oool! Disneyland's Haunted house!" You've scared off more than one tiny tot with the scary music too! Are we going to try carameled apples this year?

B*Marie said...

Yes!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I love all these things too!!! Thanks for reminding me of all the wonderful things about this season! As of late all I can think about is how close this means Christmas is and how broke we are. I'm glad that you were able to remind me of all the fun good stuff! Thanks:)

Lori said...

I say, "Ditto". Thanks for your comment on my blog. Melissa is going as a dead ballerina. Her costume still needs a black shirt and her black hat. She grabbed one of my black crows for the picture. She's such a ham. No one likes my mask and Melissa thinks I'm causing trauma to the little kids in my neighborhood, but I say, it's Halloween. You're supposed to be scared and have nightmares - I know, I'm mean.