Friday, March 6, 2009

Today is a blahhhhhhg day!

I'm afraid I may have to cop-out on this one as I really don't have much to say in regard to what we discussed in class this week.  I understand the representation/misrepresentation issue, but don't watch "24" so I guess I don't quite make the connection between it and real life.  After so many comments about Jack Bauer I tend to tune out.

As much as it is wrong that people of Muslim/Arab descent are cast and portrayed as terrorists, the reality is that our country in the last 8 years has been fighting a "war" against terrorists of Muslim/Arab descent.  Shows that are trying to stay true to the social situation shouldn't alter how it really is.  

I also have to say that I agree with Errin (and Brooke) that while it is important that all races and cultures are accurately displayed, what is relevant here, in America, is what the issue is.  I firmly believe that we need to take a look within ourselves and fix what is wrong here, before we should look outward. 

1 comment:

Bailey said...

I don't watch 24 either lol. I was kinda over it too.