Saturday, January 10, 2009

Just so everyone knows- I am opposed to blogging until I'm married, have kids, & it is the trendy thing to do.

This is the 1st of 2 blahhhhhhhh-gs I am required to do for classes I have this semester. This one is for Comm. 2010, Mass Comm. and Society. Who knows, maybe one day blogging will turn into something I like, but until it became required of me I hadn't found a reason to do one. I haven't wanted to. Everyone I know that participates in this activity called blogging is either blissfully in their first year of marriage or years into married life and writing about the adventures they are having with their tweens, teens, and over-weight husbands.

My life is pretty basic and pretty much like others in their 20's. I work(love it), I school(3 so far & no degree), I eat(fast food), I stay up way too late(Buffy, That 70's Show. . .), I sleep(a little and not well), I dream(big), I hope(for Mr. Right), I change my career goals every day, I start all over again. I think I have some good ideas and I keep pretty well informed but I know that if I wasn't me, I would rather be in my presence, looking into my gorgeous blue eyes and listening to my well-informed opinions, then reading about them.

I chose a Comms major because I've always prided myself on being a great communicator- in 4th grade I absorbed everything the school counselor told us about using body language to avoid being bullied or kidnapped. After that speech I walked down the halls at University Place Primary (yes, U.P.P.) with my head held high meeting each person's gaze. My height would no longer be my disadvantage because I was a shorty with attitude! In those days I was counting on a growth spurt. Alas! I never grew but my confidence and attitude did.

So from time to time I'll be getting on my soap box and donating my 2 cents. Blahhhhhhhhh-g because I REALLY REALLY don't want to do this, but blog, because I will.

1 comment:

tyson said...

Haha~ Tell us how you really feel.. I quite enjoyed reading this post because I feel similar about blogging. Good stuff~