Friday, November 13, 2009

Anything for Chris.


Chris Carrabba/"Dashboard Confessional" has a new album out.  "Alter The Ending."  Of course I had to go buy it on day one of its release, but like a fool I bought it at Wal Mart right after class, then went home, got on iTunes and found the deluxe version for $1 more... so I bought that too!  Its pretty sweet!  Two discs- one is the album in its fullness of sound, and the 2nd disc is the album in acoustic.  The way I love to hear Chris the most. 

This album is somewhat similar in sound to The Shade of Poison Trees, but there are a few songs that could be compared to what was released on Dusk and Summer.  I'm very impressed though!  Chris continues to toy around with new styles and inspirations, different sounds etc., and each of his albums ends up unique. 

It always takes me a few listens to pick a favorite, or hear something I hadn't heard before, but the catchy lyrics in "Until Morning" hooked me right away!  And yet again, although Chris has been dubbed the "Prince of Emo" in the past, this album is yet another departure from his "Swiss Army Romance" days.  There is sunshine and remnisence in this album, nothing too deep and dark. 

For all you rookies out there Dashboard's catalog is full of every single emotion whether sung, or expressed through the music alone.  You are bound to hear something you like.  It may not sit well with you at first (they do their music how they want it, not how the majority does), but if you give it a chance to actually sink in, and realllllllly listen, I bet you'll hear or feel something you've experienced before, or wanted to say and couldn't, so Chris says it for you.  

CHECK OUT DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL!
http://www.dashboardconfessional.com/  band site
You Tube Video- "Remember to Breath" the cutest song!  One of my favorites!
And for those of you more familiar with the marketable stuff... "Hands Down." watch his eyes at 3:12!!




Check out this man and his dimples!  Yes please!
 

4 comments:

Marianne said...

You are so right my dear! You converted your Mom and that is saying something!! He is too adorable to not take a look anyway!

Sarah said...

Great post about Chris and the whole DC crew! I like what I have heard of the new album so far- I am excited to hear that rest! Good call on linking to Remember to Breathe and Hands Down!

URFAVE 5+A Few said...

I have to say that my first listening to of them I didn't know if I really liked them. However, after a few listens you start to really like them. Pretty soon you LOVE them! Oh and that Chris is adorable!

Mayli said...

yeah! you would.